What to Expect
Penny’s goal is to provide a more individualized and holistic
approach to physical therapy. She will address the underlying
cause of one’s pain and dysfunction through a thorough postural,
range of motion, strength and functional movement evaluation.
Patients will also have a full body myofascial evaluation (map) to
help determine the source of the dysfunction. This source can be
within any system of the body- muscular, cardiovascular, organs,
nerves, bones, joints, or even emotional.
With the combined techniques of traditional physical therapy and
Integrative Manual Therapy she will design a physical therapy
program to help patients heal, overcome pain and dysfunction
and improve theirquality of life. Patients will be instructed in a
home program to do between visits to help manage their pain,
improve flexibility, strength and function.
During your first visit we will...
- Discuss your current problem and your medical history as it relates to your problem
- Review the functions of your body systems
- Conduct a diagnostic exam including posture, range of motion, strength, a neurological exam, and a bio-mechanical exam
- Use Myfascial Mapping, a specialized diagnostic tool developed by Innovative Manual Therapy to help determine the source of the problem
- If time permits, experience some of the treatment determined by the plan of care
Innovative Physical Therapy, 828 Paoli Pike, West Chester, PA 19380 (610) 344-7210
2011 Copyright © Innovative Physical Therapy